1) A McKenna Ryan pattern /kit - "select from "Woodland Forest", "Emerald Valley" and/or "Welcome Bear Inn"
-please have your fabric washed (if desired) and ironed before coming to class -
2) "Wonder Under" and /or "Soft Fuse" Fusible Web
-your pattern will tell you exactly how much you will need
3) Applique Pressing Sheet
-having at least 2 or 3 small (18" x 18") will make your life easier when you start building your picture; the large one 27" x 30" is great for larger patterns/wallhangings
4) Karen Kay Buckley 5" scissors (orange handle) OR Gingher 4" Embroidery Scissors (large finger holes) are both wonderful and ideal for cutting intricate designs and shapes
5) Bent Tip Tweezers - an essential tool for raw edge applique
6) If doing "Welcome Bear Inn" please have your background pieces cut and sewn together as per your pattern.
IF DOING "WOODLAND FOREST" OR "EMERALD VALLEY" DO NOT CUT YOUR BACKGROUND PIECE - YOU WILL BE SHOWN HOW TO CUT THE BEAUTIFUL GRADATION FABRICS
7) Towards the end of class, we will do a little quilting!!
- Please bring your sewing machine in good working order with appropriate cords.
- Free Motion Quilting foot - I prefer the "Open Toe Free Motion Foot"
- for practice quilting:
-Aurifil 50 weight thread
-scrap pieces of fabric (about 8 to 10 inch square with batting) for quilt sandwiches!
-Machingers quilting gloves
You will also need:
- paper scissors
- Black FINE POINT sharpie
- a highlighter (any color - yellow or orange etc)
- plastic storage bags - (at least 3 or 4 - to help with transporting your pieces)
- several paper plates (at least 3 or 4 - to keep your pieces separated)
Sew What Fabrics & Batiks Etcetera stocks all supplies and fabrics needed for our classes. Enjoy a 12% discount on your class purchases. You can be sure your class supplies are high quality and just what you need when you buy from Sew What Fabrics & Batiks Etcetera!
NOTE: PLEASE DO NOT WEAR PERFUME OR SCENTED PRODUCTS TO CLASS. WE HAVE MANY PEOPLE WHO ARE ALLERGIC TO FRAGRANCES.