Introduction to Machine Quilting 7/31/2021
IntroMachineQuiltingRegular price $35.00
Introductions to Machine Quilting
Instructor: Robin Ayers
Saturday, July 31st 9:30AM-4:30PM
This class will focus on the very basics of machine quilting. We will begin by layering up and pinning your quilt sample. We will mark our “sample” in quadrants and learn to “stitch in the ditch” and “echo” simple lines. From there we will take it a step further and practice “free form lines” adding a little curve as we go.
Supply List –
- Sewing Machine in good working condition (You must be able to drop or cover the feed dogs and/or set your machine into free motion)
- Sewing machine manual
- Walking foot or even feed foot (Pfaff IDT) – I use the Open Toe free motion foot
- Single hole throat plate
- Masking tape 1 ½ inch wide
- 1” nickel plated brass safety pins
- Schmetz Quilting Needles 75/11 (try the CHROME – you won’t be sorry)
- Kwik Klip
- General Sewing supplies – Pins, Scissors/thread snips, rulers, extra bobbins
- Four to six LIGHT colored (creamy) Fat Quarters with barely any print/solid, Batik or Printed Cotton (doesn’t matter which) you must bring an EVEN number of Fat Quarters (One is the top an one is the back)
- Hobbs Heirloom Cotton Batting is recommended – prior to class cut the batting about 2 inches larger than your FQ’s. (2,3, or 4 squares, depending on how many FQ’s you bring)
- Aurifil 50 WT thread – We will be practicing so a contrasting Bright color thread will work best
- “The Fine Line” Water Erasable Marking Pen
- Sewline Marking Pencil
- Machinger Quiltng Gloves
Sew What Fabrics Batiks Etcetera stocks all supplies and fabrics needed for our classes. Enjoy a 12% discount on your class purchases. You can be sure your class supplies are high quality and just what you need when you buy from Sew What Fabrics Batiks Etcetera!
NOTE: PLEASE DO NOT WEAR PERFUME OR SCENTED PRODUCTS TO CLASS. WE HAVE MANY PEOPLE WHO ARE ALLERGIC TO FRAGRANCES.