Clamshell Supply List
NOTE: AFTER WORKING WITH THIS PATTERN AND MAKING THIS QUILT, I STRONGLY RECOMMNED THAT YOU USE ONE BACKGROUND FABRIC INSTEAD OF SIX AS THE PATTERN STATES. YOU WILL BE MUCH HAPPIER IN THE END.
Sewing Machine with quarter inch foot and a snap on table, if possible.
Template plastic (3” x 12”) for fold template
12” add a quarter ruler
6 x 12 ruler
6 x 24 ruler
Medium size cutting mat (18” x 24”)
Rotary cutter 45 mm or 60 mm
New rotary blade
Size 70 needles (Microtex recommended)
Fabric glue stick
Glue Pen (Sewline or Fons & Porter)
High quality thread
Large Ziploc bags (one or two gallon sizes work best)
Large paper clips
Please check the web site www.quiltworx.com for corrections to the pattern.
1. Check corrections on website www.quiltworx.com for your pattern.
2. Make a color chart!! Very important. Use page 5 as a guide.
3. Cut 2 ½ inch strips for accent fabric per chart on page 5 and label. Total 27 strips.
4. Cut 2 ½ inch strips for background per chart on page 5. If using one background, cut 27 – 2 ½ inch strips.
The above strips are for the AL and AR units which are the arcs.
5. On page 5 of your instructions, please make and label Bag #1AL, Bag #1AR,Bag #3CL, Bag #3CR, Bag #4. Cut your foundation papers and template layout sheets. REMEMBER DO NOT CUT TEMPLATE LAYOUT SHEETS APART – JUST CUT AROUND THEM. WE WILL BE CUTTING TEMPLATE LAYOUT SHEETS IN CLASS. WHEN CUTTING TEMPLATE LAYOUT SHEETS, LEAVE 1/8” FROM THE SOLID BLACK LINE AROUND THE TEMPLATE.
You will need 9 large Ziploc bag for this project. Suggest you get 2 gallon bags from dollar store.
Questions: Lucille Amos -- email@example.com or 336-643-7924
Sew What Fabrics & Batiks Etcetera stocks all supplies and fabrics needed for our classes. Enjoy a 12% discount on your class purchases. You can be sure your class supplies are high quality and just what you need when you buy from Sew What Fabrics & Batiks Etcetera!
NOTE: PLEASE DO NOT WEAR PERFUME OR SCENTED PRODUCTS TO CLASS. WE HAVE MANY PEOPLE WHO ARE ALLERGIC TO FRAGRANCES.